Monday, July 25, 2011

Good News and Bad News...

I went to my oncologist today for my weekly dose of chemo plus the results of my CT scan from last week.  Let's start with the good news!

The mass on my upper right lung has shrunk again and it's now down to 1.1 x 1.5cm.  There is another lesion on my right lung that when from 1.7 x 2.4cm down to 9mm AND there is no sign of cancer on my left lung

With the good news, unfortunately, comes some bad news.  The spot on the left lobe of my liver grew another centimeter, but no new lesions were found.  Bones within the pelvis show a new lesion and the lesion on my iliac has grown. 

I received a dose of zometa for my bones today, but no chemo drugs.  Starting on Monday, August 1st, I will switch from gemzar as my chemo drug to taxotere.  Dale found out that taxotere comes from the bark of a yew tree, so he feels we are barking up the right tree this time! 

The taxotere infusion will be every 3 weeks and there will be another CT scan around the end of September to see if its working.  It looks like we need to concentrate the S.E.E. chants and dancing and all of the prayers to my liver and bones. 

While I'm very happy about the good news and not so crazy at all about the bad news, I'd rather get good news and bad news then just bad news. 

Thanks to everyone for your continued support, S.E.E. chants, prayers, hugs and well wishes.  I could not have gotten where I am today if it wasn't for ALL of you! 

4 comments:

  1. Always wishing you the best Jackie and will always continue S.E.E.ing for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking and SEEing for you Jackie. I love your outlook and I love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie,
    Let's focus on the good news for now, and continue to do the S.E.E. dance for you, as well as prayers.

    Thinking of you, hon.....
    xoLinda (Sus is my Google name)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jackie, I was sorry to read your bad news but happy about your good news! We'll just have to S.E.E. a little harder and keep those prayers and positive thoughts for you!!
    ~~Sue

    ReplyDelete